When Do I need a Jones Act Attorney?

Understanding Your Federally Protected Rights

Put simply, if you have been injured on an American flagged vessel due to the negligence of the ship’s owner, its captain or a fellow crewmate, then you need to discuss your situation with a Jones Act attorney.

The experienced team of lawyers at Gordon, Elias & Seely, LLP provide clear legal advice based on our decades spent practicing federal maritime law. We work with clients across the nation, and will work to make sure that you receive full and fair compensation for your injuries.

Who Will Work for You?

If you have been injured in the course of work as a seaman, you may be facing complicated decisions at an already difficult time. You may be told different things about your injury from a number of different sources, each with their own agendas. The longer you go without fully understanding what your federally protected rights are, the more likely you could lose them.

If you have been injured, ask yourself:

When you hire a Jones Act attorney following a maritime accident, we have only one person to look out for — you. Our success and our ability to collect a fee is based on our ability to get you an award. We will help you fully understand your injury and the kinds of compensation available to you.

If You Need a Jones Act Attorney, Call Us

Maintenance and cure has been a long-standing tradition following offshore injuries sustained in the line of work. The Jones Act is a federally protected recognition of the tradition. Our team of highly experienced admiralty and Houston maritime lawyers will help you and your family recover proper compensation when you have been injured on the job at sea.

The law office of Gordon, Elias & Seely, LLP serves clients across the nation. Schedule a free consultation with our office today: call us at (800) 773-6770 or contact us online.